Leaky roof? There’s no need to panic. Just get the help of a local roof leaking specialist as soon as possible, so that you’re not looking at costly repairs caused by water damage in the near future. A professional Flower Mound, TX Roof Leak Repair contractor can find the source of your roof leak and get it fixed in a flash. Read on to learn all about potential causes of a leaky roof, and who you should call when you’re looking for a roof leak repair expert in Flower Mound.
What’s causing my leaking roof? Finding a roof leak in your home can be scary, but as long as you figure out where it’s coming from and fix it fast, you have nothing to worry about. Here are a few common causes of roof leaks in Flower Mound, TX and what you can do to prevent them.
1. Damage to shingles. Shingle damage is one of the most common causes of a leaking roof. Roof shingles can be made from all kinds of materials – some more durable than others – but they all wear down and can break after a certain amount of time. Missing or cracked shingles leaves the structure of your roof vulnerable to moisture. To keep broken shingles from causing your roof to leak, you should regularly inspect your roof for signs of minor damage and get a professional roof evaluation after stormy weather. 2. Broken flashing. Flashing is what protects the parts of your roof that have less pitch, and so are more vulnerable to water damage – that includes the joints and area around your chimney. If the flashing cracks or falls off, rainwater can seep inside and cause a leak. Just like with shingle damage, the best way to deal with broken flashing is with regular roof inspections.
3. Compromised valleys. Valleys – where two points of a roof meet at a downward slope – are generally the more vulnerable part of a roof. Most valleys are protected by additional tiles or flashing. If that protection is damaged, your roof could start leaking. You can care for your roof valleys by keeping them clean. Branches, sticks, and leaves will settle in a roof valley after windy weather, and can lead tiles or flashing to break if they’re too heavy. Clean out your roof valleys as often as possible.
4. General wear and tear. No matter how durable the material of your roof is, weather and time will always take their toll. You should expect consistent wear and tear to your roof, and call a Flower Mound Roof Leak Repair specialist for regular maintenance whenever problems occur.
5. Condensation in attic. Heat rises, and if you’re running a heater during the winter, you might be creating condensation in your attic. That wet, hot air can actually damage your roof from the inside and lead to leaks. Regular inspections are a great way to ensure that there’s not too much condensation in your attic.
6. Gutter damage. Have you noticed your box gutter leaking? That could lead to more serious problems. Gutters are designed to channel moisture away from your roof, and you’re leaving your roof vulnerable to water damage if you don’t keep them in good condition. Call a roof leak specialist in Flower Mound, TX as soon as you notice your roof gutter leaking.
What should I do when I notice my roof leaking? The first step to fixing a roof leak is leak identification. If it’s clear where that leak is coming from, you might be able to patch it up yourself. Just know that it’s only a temporary solution – for a permanent fix, call an expert Flower Mound, TX Roof Leak Repair contractor. Why do you need to call in the experts? A lot of homeowners make the mistake of patching their roof leak and not following through with more permanent repairs – in that case, more serious damage is often going ignored. You might end up needing a full roof replacement. On the other hand, if you get the help of a roof leak repair pro, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that everything is taken care of, and the leak won’t come back any time soon.
How much does roof leak repair cost?
The total cost of repairing your roof leak might be as low as $300, or as high as $1100. It all depends on the extent of damage, and what resources are needed to get it fixed. Remember, the longer you wait to fix a roof leak, the pricier the damage to your roof is going to get. Looking for a more detailed cost estimate? Give Flower Mound Roof Leak Repair a call for a quote on our professional leak repair services.
Where should I go for the best roof leak repair near me?
Flower Mound, TX Roof Leak Repair offers the very best roof leak services in your area, in terms of quality, cost, and efficiency. Our professional contractors will get any leak fixed in a flash, saving you buckets of time and money. If you notice a leak in your roof, don’t hesitate to give us a call and ask for a free quote on repair costs.